General Dentistry in Long Island City, NY
Maintaining a healthy, beautiful smile takes effort, but we make it easy and comfortable at Court Square Dentistry. Our foremost concern for our patients is their health, which starts with keeping cavities, gum disease, and other oral issues at bay.
Top Queens, NY area dentist Dr. Ian Mapes and our entire dental team are caring professionals who strive to make our patients feel relaxed and at ease while we care for their teeth and gums. We invite you and your entire family to visit us for all your family dentistry needs to maintain a household of beautiful, healthy smiles.
If you’re new to the area or are seeking a new dentist in Long Island City, NY for yourself and your family, we invite you to contact us at (718) 392-0646 to schedule exams.
We’ve also compiled a list of the questions we hear most often from patients seeking services in our dental office. Continue reading to learn more.
- What happens during a routine dental exam?
- At what age will you see my child?
- What general dentistry services do you offer?
- Why do I need an x-ray?
- If I brush and floss daily, do I still need teeth cleanings?
- I'm afraid of needles. Can you help?
- What are the benefits of tooth replacement?
- Do you take my insurance?
- What is the Court Square Smile Club?
What happens during a routine dental exam?
Regular dental exams in our Queens, NY area dental office are designed to keep your teeth and gums healthy for life.
The American Dental Association recommends twice-yearly dental exams, and patients who follow this recommendation tend to have fewer cavities, dental infections, and dental emergencies. These dental exams may even reduce your risk for gum disease.
Additionally, regular exams help our dentist detect small issues before they become costly problems down the line.
During your dental exam, you simply relax and catch up on your favorite Netflix programs while our dentist checks your teeth and gums. This includes an oral cancer screening.
At what age will you see my child?
At Court Square Dentistry in Long Island City, NY, we like to see children around the time their first tooth erupts, which is generally around their first birthday. We find that children who visit the dentist from a young age are better able to acclimate to our dental surroundings, and we like to instill good habits in children from the beginning.
During your child’s dental visits, feel free to ask questions and share any concerns that you may have about healthy habits and pediatric dentistry with our Queens, NY dentist.
What general dentistry services do you offer?
Regular checkups and cleanings are at the core of maintaining your oral health—yet many people shun these appointments due to dental anxiety based on prior experiences at the dentist.
When it comes to maintaining your oral health in Queens, NY, we have you covered at Court Square Dentistry. We offer all the preventive and routine dental services you need for your family, along with many other specialty options such as cosmetic dentistry, orthodontics, and restorative dentistry.
Some of our general family dentistry services include:
- Cleanings & Exams – Regular cleanings help prevent cavities and gum disease, and comprehensive exams allow us to catch any problems that do develop when they are small and easier to treat.
- DentalVibe Painless Injections – The DentalVibe wand creates a tickling sensation that confuses pain receptors so you don’t feel the shot!
- Emergency Dentistry – Emergencies happen, and when they do, you want a dentist you can trust at your side to help relieve pain and restore your damaged tooth.
- Microscope Dentistry – So many dental concerns are nearly impossible to see with the naked eye. Using magnification, Dr. Mapes can identify problems in their earliest stages for prompt and efficient treatment.
- OVC (One-Visit-Crowns) – Don’t wait weeks for your restoration when you can have an attractive and durable crown placed in just a single visit.
- Porcelain Crowns – Our beautiful porcelain crowns are made to match the shade and translucency of your own natural enamel for a lifelike appearance.
- Root Canals – This valuable procedure can help us save a tooth that might otherwise be lost.
- Same Day Dentistry – We’ll get you in as quickly as possible to resolve your problem so you can feel like yourself again.
- Tooth Extractions – While an extraction is often a last resort, you deserve to have a predictable and comfortable experience.
Why do I need an x-ray?
At Court Square Dentistry, we use digital x-rays, which are safer than x-rays offered during previous decades, and they are also the best way for Dr. Mapes to assess your oral health and detect small dental issues below the surface before they become problematic and costly for you.
If I brush and floss daily, do I still need teeth cleanings?
The American Dental Association recommends two professional dental cleanings per year. This is true even if you have a great oral hygiene routine at home. However, a custom schedule may be necessary if you have specific oral health issues.
While brushing and flossing go a long way toward helping to prevent cavities, infections, and gum disease, these practices alone cannot eliminate the stubborn tartar and bacteria that may lead to these dental issues.
Our hygienist is able to clear away what your toothbrush and floss leaves behind.
I’m afraid of needles. Can you help?
At Court Square Dentistry, we understand that dental work, especially treatments that require needles or injections, can be stressful for some of our patients. We have created a calm and relaxing atmosphere to soothe away the stress. For instance, our use of the DentalVibe Painless Injection system helps us make sure that our patients have a painless, anxiety-free experience. Can you imagine a shot that tickles instead of hurts? That’s what we offer at our Queens, NY dental office!
What are the benefits of tooth replacement?
Missing teeth can have a negative impact on your emotional health, but missing teeth can also promote dental issues that you may not have considered.
When teeth are missing, existing teeth shift toward these gaps, which can cause erosion, bite issues, and even tooth loss in the future. Additionally, missing teeth can promote jawbone shrinkage, which may lead to an aged appearance or even loose teeth.
Restorative dentistry may include:
- One-visit crowns
- Crowns and bridges
- Partial dentures
- Dental implants
At Court Square Dentistry, we consider restorative dentistry an important part of general dentistry because missing teeth impact your oral health.
Do you take my insurance?
At Court Square Dentistry, we take all PPO insurance plans, and we welcome you to contact a member of our friendly team to learn more about your benefits.
We also accept CareCredit, a healthcare credit card designed to help you and your family members get the services you need without a down payment. CareCredit offers easy financing, interest-free repayment plans, and no penalty for early payoff. It takes only a few minutes to learn whether you qualify.
What is the Court Square Smile Club?
Our top Queens, NY dentist wants you and your family to get the treatments you need. This is why he created the Court Square Smile Club.
It will cover preventive care including x-rays, cleanings, and exams. Our club also comes with discounts for bonus services including:
Two (2) bi-annual check-ups with cleaning and x-rays (Three for Perio plan), and 1 emergency exam as needed. Additionally, 15-25 percent off all other treatment.
Contact our Long Island City, NY dental office to learn more about our popular Court Square Smile Club today, which means affordable dentistry in Queens, NY!
Get in Touch with Our Friendly Dental Team Today
Experience a new kind of dentistry for your family. Our DentalVibe painless injections are a great option for anyone who has a fear of needles and are especially wonderful for children who are receiving their first invasive dental treatments.
Contact us today for an appointment and come visit Court Square Dentistry in Long Island City, NY to begin your journey to a healthier smile.
We look forward to meeting you.